Search This Blog

"'The Frugal Editor: Do-It-Yourself Editing Secrets for Authors' is a complete course of instruction under one cover." ~ Jim Cox Editor-in-Chief Midwest Book Review


Monday, September 21, 2009

Passing It Forward--The New Blogosphere Award



Crystal at Crystal Clear Proofing developed a new award for as a kind of pass it forward appreciation and I am honored that she chose The Frugal, Smart and Tuned-In Editor among the first batch of her honorees. She says, "I created an award commemorating the Fellowship of the Blogosphere. You have had such a positive impact on me and I think so highly of you, you had to be one of the first to receive this, and I wanted it to be from me! I'm very proud of it."

Now my job is to name a few others deserving bloggers.

Ta Da! My choices are:

Tony Eldridge for Marketing Tips for Writers

Karen Cioffi's Writing for Children Blog

Lea Schizas, guru behind the free Muse Online Writers Conference we cosponsor, Writing Jungle blog.

Mayra Calvani's Secret Bookcase Blog. By the way, Maya is the author of an excellent book on writing reviews--something I advise authors do in the interest of passing it forward and of networking and promoting their books.

So, please get on the bandwagon and share, too. Pass around the love and the help to others. Put the badge of honor on your blog, of course! Credit the person who nominated you and keep the fun rolling!

-----
Carolyn Howard-Johnson edits, consults and speaks on issues of publishing. Find her The Frugal Editor: Put Your Best Book Forward to Avoid Humiliation and Ensure Success at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0978515870. Learn more about her other authors' aids at www.howtodoitfrugally.com, where writers will find lists and other helps on the Resources for Writers page. She blogs on all things publishing (not just editing!) at her Sharing with Writers blog.

2 comments:

Vivian Zabel said...

How nice. Congratulations to the recipients.

Karen Cioffi said...

Carolyn,

I'm honored! I'm all for paying it forward. Choosing just a couple to carry it on will be difficult.

And, I think I'll look into Mayra'a book. I'm a reviewer for bookpleasures and have come across a couple of books that I had to refuse to review (poorly written). Maybe there's a tip or two about that in her book.

Karen